Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taste of Korea


Yesterday I went to one of my favorite places, Seoul restaurant, to eat dinner. It is located on Martin Way. I ordered Bi-Bim-Bop, which is the most popular Korean dish. Being so hungry, I was counting the seconds till the food was ready. When the waitress brought Bi-Bim-Bop, I couldn't wait to start to eat. The dish was a big hot bowl with warm rice and beef, vegetables and fried egg on the top. The variety of vegetables (soybean, zucchini, spinach, carrot and cucumbers) created a specific taste which reminded me of the time when I was in South Korea. The meal cost me $10 included tax. I think this is not bad for good dinner. I left the restaurant filled with great emotions of a hearty dinner.

The dish which I had in Seoul restaurant, Bi-Bim-Bop, represents to me fresh and healthy food. Today, people prefer to eat fast food, but if they go to the restaurant and order a hamburger or sandwich with French fries it will cost around $8-10. Therefore, it is better to pay couple dollars more for a healthy dinner. Also, Bi-Bim-Bop expresses to me Korean traditional food. The way it is cooked and ingredients used have been presented for hundreds years, and now the country should be proud of their traditions that people follow.

1 comment:

  1. MMM. That looks really good. I would really like to try this restaruant out for sure.

    ReplyDelete