Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Healthy eating can be tasty

I am always keen to try something new. Especially when it comes to food. In an effort to keep finding new and interesting tastes, I decided to have a meal at Angel Thai in downtown Olympia.

We started dinner with fresh spring rolls. These were very good, and by my estimation pretty healthy as well since we got them fresh and not fried. They came with a peanut and a sweet sauce, of which I preferred the sweet. I think this was mainly because the peanut sauce was warmed, and the spring rolls chilled.


My main course was Pad Thai. Rice noodles with beef and vegetables, cooked in a wok with a spicy sauce. Being a fan of spicy foods, I chose a "two star" level of spiciness (the scale ranged from no starts up to three stars) and this made the food just on the upper end of my tolerance. Maybe next time I go with one star, but I suspect my preference would be 1 1/2. Maybe I can ask for that next time.

This was an excellent opportunity for me to eat out, share a dinner with a friend, and do so with delicious and healthy food. All to often I find myself eating fast food, and even when I go to a restaurant, 'western' meals are all to often not as healthy as I may like. I suspect I will be returning to Angel Thai again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Add a street address to Angel Thai, and if possible take out the extra space above the second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, food looks so good!I liked your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete