Friday, April 16, 2010

Food for thought



Today I went to Panda Express on Martin Way in the shopping area of Lows and Safeway. I ordered chow main, orange chicken and sweet and fiery chicken with a raspberry iced tea. The food was fresh off the stove; yet, it was a tad bit greasy. The meal cost a total of $7.70. The serving size was more than I could stomach in one sitting. By the time I was full nearly half the meat was still on my plate and most of the chow main was gone. I went to this restaurant alone for lunch on Thursday afternoon.

This meal represents nothing more than a quick and easy way to get something reasonably healthy. Even though the food was greasy and the chicken was breaded, I was able to get some veggies in my meal by ordering chow main. I think the question I would like to explore more is the marketing of food and if the way something is displayed causes us to desire it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment