Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good eating at a nice cost


It was a nice warm, and sunny day this past Sunday, so I went with my sister to lunch. She took me to this restaurant in Tacoma, WA close to downtown Tacoma. It was this Teriyaki place, and you had tht option to eat indoors or outside under covered seating. We ate outside, so we could enjoy the weather while we were eating. I had Teriyaki Chicken, with spicy chiken, a side of salad, and white rice with a glass of strawberry lemonade. the size of the meal was quite large, there was a nice amount of food to choose from. There was enough meat, and rice so that one did not out do the other one. The quality of the food was great. The meat was cooked to how I would like it, and the salad was nice and fresh. The lemonade was chilled, and the strawberries in the lemonade were just ripe enough. The cost of this meal was $8.99.

My meal for me represents a nice fulfilling meal, that could also be looked at as a good meal for a cheap price. One issue that I would like to explore related and discuss related to food is the obesity rates in our country. The larger picture of this outing to this restaurant is that you do not always have to spend a lot of money to have a nice full meal, you just need to look around and you will find something that you like, at a price that is right for you. The ethical question would be the challenge that obesity poses in the United States. Just because you find food at a cheap price does not mean you are always getting the best value for your body in the long run, and vice versa.

2 comments:

  1. What was the name of the restaurant? and the address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion: I noticed a few typos

    I liked the title! Very... bloggy. I also enjoyed the mentioning that you can get full at an affordable price.

    ReplyDelete