Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sushi Boat

I decided to try something different, so I went to the Sushi Boat here in Lacey on Martin Way. While it would’ve made sense to order sushi, I’m not that adventurous. Instead I ordered shrimp tempura, green tea ice cream, and water. I didn’t actually order the green tea ice cream, but they offered me to try it so that was the most adventure I got for the day. The meal came up to be $7.88 which is reasonably priced.

This wasn’t my first time trying shrimp tempura, but I felt like I was eating more of the coating than the shrimp. Considering it was a prawn, and prawns are quite large I was surprised I was unable to find it. Which brings me to the size of the dish; it was a decent sized meal and it filled me up. Moving onto to the green tea ice cream, I was excited to try this and even more so when they gave me two scoops for the price of one. However, I must say this is a dessert I never want to eat again. It mixed two of my favorite things, tea and ice cream, but the taste was far from the two. It is one of those desserts you either like or don’t like and is obvious from the first bite.

This restaurant represents trying something new, Japanese food, and my experience with it. The questions that it raises are whether or not the food is organic and where the seafood comes from, and how different cultural restaurants change their style of cooking dishes to meet the palette of Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment