Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ranch House


I went out to lunch with an old friend from high school the other day. We went to a small restaurant almost in the middle of no where that serves mostly BBQ and good ol' fattening American food. I decided on a bacon burger with a pile of house fries. My burger was topped with lettuce, cheese, and BBQ sauce. My meal was quite tasty! The cost of my meal was about $11.85. A little on the pricy side for a burger but I believe that we were paying for the great service that was practiced. Our waitress was friendly and joked with us the whole time. Also, the owner came out and walked around the restaurant to ask everyone how their food was.

I believe this is a great example though of how fattening a meal can be. I think that there are many issues that arise with the issue of food, especially fast food in the US. People are worried about being over weight and obese in todays society. Today many fast food restaurants are being asked to change their menu to make it more health friendly. But what about choice? A person chooses whether or not they go out to eat. They could ask for smaller portions or make sure to work off the calories they burn. There is a line that is not understood in this situation...To be fat, or not to be fat? Most of the time the question is for oneself, but, if there was a way to make restaurants healthier, would it really help?

No comments:

Post a Comment