Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chili Thai Restaurant



This past weekend I decided to go out to dinner at the Chili Thai Restaurant in Lacey, Washington. The restaurant is a small establishment just off of Lacey Blvd. SE, close to Saint Martin's University. As the name of the restaurant probably already informs you the chef's at Chili Thai cook only authentic thai food specialties.


I have only been to Chili Thai one other time before this outing and so I decided instead of getting the chicken pad thai noodles (which I experienced during my first dining experience) I would try something different; such as the original pork fried rice. The service was exceptional and our food was served in a very timely manner. I felt as though the rice serving was the perfect size. However if one were to consult the food pyramid, I'm sure that the serving size would have been to big to meet the dietary standards; although it filled me up, without making me feel sick to my stomach, as if I had eaten enough to satisfy me for 2 weeks, like a lot of other restaurants do! My companion who I was dining with that night ordered the chicken pad thai noodles, and I would have to say that this serving size was much bigger than my serving of rice. We ended up having to take almost half of the noodles home!


I was pleased with the healthness of my rice dish. I have dined at many other thai and chinese restaurants and have always found the fried rice to be slightly over salted. However at Chili Thai I could taste some salt but not so much that I kept having to request a refill of my water glass. Also there were cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli all included in my fried rice dish. All of which were very tastey and included in their raw state.


Overall my dining experience at Chili Thai was a very enjoyable one. The service was fast and the waiters were all kind and polite. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone who is looking for a healthy yet tastey thai cuisine to dine at!

3 comments:

  1. This looks very delicious. Your description of this meal was fascinating to read about. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go here now! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been there before, I think I might have to go now! It sounds pretty good. It doesn't seem to bad for you either, which is a plus.

    ReplyDelete